What Does the Alliance Do For You?
IT ALL STARTED WHEN…
Clarendon was a vibrant shopping district for the metro DC area from the 1920s through the 1950s. It was a mecca for culture and shopping, with name brands like Sears and Woolworths flocking to the area. However, after a marked decline in the 1960s and 1970s, the neighborhood needed help. The Clarendon Alliance was formed in 1985 to help bring businesses and retail back to the community. For more than 30 years, the Clarendon Alliance has been working to improve the health and vitality of the Clarendon Corridor and highlight this unique and dynamic neighborhood.
- Marketing of Neighborhood Activities
- Support of Local Businesses
- Education & Networking Events
- Support for 4 Local Civic Associations
- Liaison with Arlington County
ABOUT THE CLARENDON ALLIANCE
The Clarendon Alliance is a 501(c)6 membership organization dedicated to ensuring the health and vitality of the Clarendon Corridor. Our special events activities, and programs are designed to highlight the unique attributes of the Clarendon and Courthouse communities and benefit both residents, businesses, and visitors. We are here to ensure that Clarendon remains the heart of Arlington and is the very best place to work, live and play!
The Clarendon Alliance is a membership organization that also receives funding from Arlington County. We currently host or co-host the following annual events:
- Arlington Festival of the Arts (April)
- Clarendon Alliance Annual Meeting (May)
- Armed Forces Cycling Classic (June) – www.cyclingclassic.org
- Bark in the Park (June)
- Clarendon Day (September)
- Paint Clarendon Pink (October)
- Holiday Lighting (December)
We also host a variety of other programs and events throughout the year and always welcome new ideas from our residents and businesses!